Should I get a mommy makeover or do I need lipo or a tummy tuck? Do I need a body lift? I'm not sure (Photo)

I would like to get a mommy makeover but I'm not sure after seeing pictures I'm not sure if I need a body lift or lipo or even a tummy tuck.. all I want is a nice flat stomach with a beautiful taper waistline and full breasts may be sized up.. help me please real confused

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your questions.  A Mommy Makeover is a term used to describe a combination of procedures tailored to a woman's goal and needs with regard to body rejuvenation.  For example, for one woman a mommy makeover may involve a breast augmentation and liposuction whereas for another woman it may involve a breast augmentation with breast lift and tummy tuck and liposuction. You appear to be a good candidate for a breast augmentation with lift, tummy tuck and flank liposuction. I recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to discuss your options.  Hope this helps!

Mommy Makeover

Hello and thank you for your question and photos. I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation where measurements and a thorough exam can take place prior to surgery. That said, based on your photos, you would likely benefit from a breast lift with implants and tummy tuck. I'll include a video in my post. Best of luck!

Mommy Makeover - Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. In addition, liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mommy Makeover Candidate

A #mommymakeover is a combination of many of the procedures you had listed above.  Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include #liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy (#breastlift), #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  
Consult a #boardcertified plastic surgeon in person to determine which procedures are best for you.

Mommy Makeover

The term “mommy makeover” is not a medical one. It’s any procedure(s) that help a woman improve their appearance after having children. You can choose to have whatever you’d like done as part of your mommy makeover. Many women get a tummy tuck and a breast augmentation/lift, but it all depends on what your goals are. If you are looking to improve your breast shape and stomach then a tummy tuck and breast lift would probably help you, based on your photos. If you want larger breasts as well, then the breast lift can be combined with an augmentation.

Candidate for a MM

Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman’s life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

Mommy makeover??

Thank you for your question and photos.
I understand it is extremely difficult to loose weight, but in your case, it would help so you can enjoy better results and less complications associated with being overweight. That said, a full TT with mesh reinforcement and The Horndeski Method breast lift will improve your shape dramatically. The Horndeski Method does not require breast implants to create upper pole fullness so you are not plagued with the risks/complications and maintenance associated with them in the future. There is less scarring and improved long term results that vertical incision lifts cannot offer. A TT with mesh reinforcement re-establishes internal support lost by pregnancy or massive weight gain. Attached is a link that explains both techniques in detail.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos you would be an excellent candidate for a combined abdominal procedure with a breast procedure. These procedures work well together and allow for dual correction with one period of recovery. I would recommend a full abdominoplasty in order to achieve the level of correction you are looking for.

As always, it is best to have an in-person assessment with a Plastic Surgeon who can go over all of your options.

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Surgery

Mommy Makeover Surgery is an extremely popular procedure with high patient satisfaction. It involves breast rejuvenation; breast lift, with or without implants and Tummy-tuck. It is all usually performed at one time, but can be staged as well. It is important to try to get as close as possible to an ideal weight before surgery to achieve the best result. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Tummy tuck, body lift or liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

• I understand your confusion.
  • In general, if one is over-weight and has not had children - liposuction is needed.
  • If one has had children - a tummy tuck.
  • If one has lost a lot of weight - a lower body lift.
  • If one wants a tummy tuck and breast surgery - then we call it a mommy make-over.
  • It isn't clear from the photos if you need a breast enlargement or a breast lift as well.
  • If you have had children - then a tummy tuck + breast surgery = your mommy make-over!
  • But every person is different. 
  • I think for you, a consultation will be more helpful than an on-line opinion.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC