Will a mommy makeover do? (photos)

I would like to get a mommy makeover not sure if I want to Brazilian butt lift or no I'm prettysure I need lipo and my stomach muscles tighten what do you all think.. and is a way to help your scars not heal so thick

About a Mommy Makeover with Tummy Tuck

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. #Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.  Most importantly, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Find the right doctor

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a Mommy Makeover.  A Tummy Tuck with liposculpture to your hips and back along with fat grafting to the buttocks will give you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

I would recommend as the main procedure a tummy tuck. This can be combined with liposuction and fat grafting to the buttocks.

It seems that you are an excellent candidate for a "mommy makeover". I would do the tummy tuck with liposuction of your waste and back and also possible fat grafting to the buttocks if you wish for improvement of the shape. You could also add volume to your breasts with fat grafting.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover options

Thank you for the question and photos.  The main decision is whether you will need a tummy tuck as part of your mommy makeover.  A tummy tuck will be needed if you have loose muscles or if there is loose skin or stretch marks on your abdomen.  If the skin is in good condition then an endoscopic tummy tuck can be performed where no skin is removed.  This and liposuction of the abdomen would allow the abdomen to be thin and flat.  The fat removed could be placed into the buttock area as a BBL or discarded.  The best thing to do is get a handful of consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your community who have before and after photos that you like and whose bed-side manner and online reviews you appreciate.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Dr Derby

I would like to recommend you a Tummy Tuck and lipo in various areas. Looking at the photos you are a very good candidate for a procedure. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Best procedures for you, some advice:

Thanks for the question.In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Reaching your body contouring goals

Thanks for posting your question and photos!It's hard to tell from the photos you posted exactly the best procedures to achieve your best outcomes. Body contouring and breast enhancement surgery are some of the most frequent operations plastic surgeons perform. Large volume liposuction is part of BBL procedures and typically is not combined with other operations as the activity  and positioning restrictions as well as recovery time are unique to this operation.  I would definitely suggest consulting with a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon to get unique recommendations for procedures that would benefit you the very most. Keep in mind that there is a point of diminishing return when risk (operative length, blood loss, recovery restrictions) outweighs benefit  when combining procedures. In general, your risks of complications are greater with operative lengths >4 hours. Combining procedures with abdominoplasty puts you at higher risk of having complications as well. That being said, many surgeons (including myself) choose to combine procedures in very healthy patients as long as the time under anesthesia can be controlled and ability to recover is not hindered by operating on too many areas. I typically have patients split up the front side procedures and backside procedures to help ensure safer operations, swifter recovery and better outcomes!!
Good luck to you in reaching your goals!

Rachel Streu, MD

Will a mommy makeover do?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  I think you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips, back and flanks.  The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue.  Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat.  Hope that this helps.

Mommy Makeover

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and back would address your areas of concern. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #liposuction #mommymakeover #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon