Will a Mini Tummy Tuck fix this? I don't want a full tummy tuck scar and can't be out of work that long. (photo)

I have had 2 kids and my lower belly has extra skin its not awful but it really bothers me. Will a mini tummy tuck work for me? Can you tell if i have muscle separation thank you.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Tummy Tuck after 2 kids- options

Thank you for your question.  It is better to undergo a little more surgery and get a great result than to undergo a lesser procedure and get a disappointing result.  It is very likely that you will need a full muscle repair both above and below the umbilicus.  If you just repair the muscle below the umbilicus, the upper abdomen will bulge forward, which is not desirable.  A full tummy tuck will give you a beautiful contour.  Although there are several methods of tummy tuck surgery, my personal preference remains the high lateral tension abdominoplasty, because of its power in creating a beautiful shape.  Consult with an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.

John Q. Cook, MD

Tummy Tuck - Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photo. You are a great candidate for a full Tummy tuck together with liposuction the areas needed, Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - Will a Mini Tummy Tuck fix this?

That depends - are you okay leaving everything from your BB up as is?  I'm not sure you'll be happy with that.
Instead, based on your photo and even your history (2 pregnancies), you would most likely need a full TT in order to both tighten your skin enough (including above the BB), and to plicate (tighten) your abdominal muscles, neither of which can be done adequately with a mini.
You should of course be assessed in person by one (or several) board-certified plastic surgeons who can examine you in person.  Based on that you'll have a better idea of what to expect with each procedure in terms of both result and recovery.
But I would generally caution against choosing a procedure because of the perceived recovery period.  The recovery is somewhat unpredictable (for all procedures) and, regardless, choosing a procedure that cannot reasonably be expected to provide the results you want is a setup for disappointment at all levels.
I hope that this helps and good luck,
Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500

Mini tummy tuck options

Because the position of your belly button is high, you may be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck with umbilical float. There is no way to tell from the photos if you have a muscle separation (diastasis) but it could be repaired with this approach if necessary. There are several variations on tummy tucks to consider.

Richard Baxter, MD

Full tummy tuck

From this picture it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Hi Momof2kyds, Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on your pictures it looks like you are an excellent candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck. Tummy-Tuck surgery or Abdominoplasty can flatten your abdomen by removing loose, excess fat and skin and tightening muscles in the abdominal wall. It can also remove some if not all of the stretch marks in your lower abdomen. It is popular following pregnancy, massive weight loss or whenever a flabby abdomen with weak muscles impairs body contour. Most patients on average take two weeks off of work. Best regards

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon