My left eyebrow is significantly lower than my right. Is this caused by ptosis?

I believe I have congenital ptosis. It has always been most noticable in my left eye, in which the eyelid droops considerably when I am tired, and family history indicates that this is entirely possible. My left eyebrow appears very low as wel, and my right eyebrow very high. I am wondering if the raising of my right eyebrow appears to be a result of right lid ptosis, and if a surgery such as MMCR in both eyes could fix this.

Can not assess without Photographs!

Your question is excellent, but without your age and proper photographs, I cannot render an opinon.  A relaxed straight-on photo, one looking up, and one looking down would be very helpful. Ptosis (droopy eyelid) can be congenital (from birth) or acquired (from age or other causes).  There are different forms of ptosis, and different procedures to correct them. I would suggest a consultation with a board certified, fellowship trained MD Oculoplastic Surgeon to give you an opinion. This is the sort of thing I assess every day in my practice. Best of luck in your search.

Moorestown Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congenital Ptosis

Hello,Congenital eyelid ptosis is usually unrelated to eyebrow ptosis.  You mentioned that the congenital eyelid problem is on your left side but your right eyebrow is the higher one.  Whether there is also right upper eyelid ptosis along with the left or not, the right eyebrow position is independent.  Ptosis repair and/or blepharoplasty and/or brow lifting can all be performed at the same time but there should be an independent indication for each of those procedures. Regards,

J. Phillip Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon