What infections can form due to improper drain and wound care?

Can any doctors treat my seroma I don't want the original doctor to touch or repair anything I've been thru a lot these last 3 months. I looking for an great doctor

Doctor Answers 3

Find another surgeon

This far after surgery you will likely need some surgery to close down the seroma cavity. Find another reputable PS in your town and see them for a consult. 

Seroma treatment

Where is your seroma?  Due to its chronicity, formal excision and drainage with probable removal of a bursa lining will be necessary.  In addition, negative pressure devices (VAC) can also help.

Andrew Gear, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

What infections can form due to improper drain and wound care?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your recovery difficulties after a tummy tuck.  If an infection develops after surgery it is usually the result of bacteria present on our skin, staph or strep.  Treatment of a prolonged seroma will at this point likely require revision surgery to reopen your incision and remove the seroma and its pseudo capsule.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for the best recommendations. 

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 68 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.