Are implants possible post breast reduction?

I just had a breast reduction. After a couple kids and breastfeeding my girls were pretty sad. Deflated and hanging low. Following back and neck issues I get a reduction from DDD to full C. I miss having larger breasts! I think my bigger concern was how low and deflated they were, not necessarily the size. I hope I don't regret my decision. Are implants possible for me in the future? How soon? PS I'm about 6-7 weeks post op.

You can definitely have breast implants after a reduction mammoplasty, but 6-7 weeks post op is too soon. You should wait for more scar maturity, which be about 3-4 months. An examination would be necessary to determine is the scar is soft and mature enough.

Thank you for your question, and best of luck to you.

Implants after reduction

Implants following a breast reduction is a good way to restore upper pole fullness and some of the lost volume.  It is important to make sure you are well healed and the breasts are soft before placing the implants.

A previous incision may be used so no further scarring is necessary.

Good luck!

Michael Orseck, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Yes it's possible

Sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your new appearance.  Yes it is possible to have breast implants several months after breast reduction to improve your fullness. Give yourself at least 6 months to allow your breasts to settle. 

Good luck

DrBurnett#realself100

Implants after breast reduction

Yes, breast implants are possible after breast reduction. If you are not happy with your size, one option are breast implants and another option is using your own fat (fat injection into the breasts). I recommend adjusting to your size for about 6 months before undergoing another procedure. Also, meet with your surgeon to discuss the risks, benefits, and alternatives of breast augmentation or fat injection after breast reduction. Best of luck to you!

Breast implants can be used after breast reduction

It is safe to have breast implants after breast reduction. However risks are higher. You should wait at least six months before proceeding with implants. Let every thing settle down to its final shape.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast Implants After Breast Reduction

Though somewhat unusual some patients do seek breast implants after a breast reduction to either enhance projection or size.  Wait 6 months + to be sure of your decision and to allow for complete healing.  The uplift component of your breast reduction will benefit from the placement of an implant to restore central and upper pole fullness but do keep in mind that there are risks of placing an implant such as displacement, asymmetry and capsular contracture so to reduce those risks, avoid going too large.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Implants?

Implants can be placed in a previously operated or reduced breast. I would give it 4-6 months minimum towel to see how they look nd to make sure that the tissues are soft.

Are implants possible after breast reduction?

Breast implants or augmentation is very possible after breast reduction however you are quite early and we suggest a wait of at least six months before you decilde.

Implants are possible after having a breast reduction, but I would recommend that you wait at least 6 months for your breast to fully heal and attain their final shape.

Implant Revision after a Breast Reduction

Implants serve to provide a breast mound with more projection and a fuller appearance and feel. You can absolutely have implants after a reduction and you can do this anytime now. As a matter of fact years ago (and still today) many surgeons advocate a lift(reduction) before implant placement as a staged procedure. Great question and exiting times. Hope this heps

Bahair Ghazi, MD