I just had Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty. Should I tell my doctor or wait 3 weeks till my next visit?

Just had stints removed and can't breathe on one side is this because of swelling or is my nose not fixed. Should I tell my doctor or wait 3 weeks till my next visit just worries me please help

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Septorhinoplasty recovery

If you have a concern it is always best addressed by your surgeon sooner rather that later.  It is most likely swelling related however, there may be some crusts or other normal aspects of the healing process that your surgeon may be able to address and alleviate your issue.

Mark Murphy, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Obstruction after a Rhinoplasty

There can be a few causes of nasal obstruction after a rhinoplasty.  The most common causes are:1)  Swelling2)  Debris or crusting inside of the noseUsing nasal irrigation or a neti pot can help clear the crusting inside of the nose.  I would see your rhinoplasty surgeon as he can examine and clean your nose as needed.  I hope this helps. 

Breathing problems

I know you are still probably feeling miserable so soon after a septorhinoplasty, but just have patience.  It is normal to be VERY swollen at this point and normal to still not be able to breathe well.  Give it time.  Rest and heal.Best of luck,

Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty breathing

It's not uncommon to have congestion shortly after rhinoplasty.  Surgery and splints cause swelling and can make breathing difficult.  As this resolves the airway usually opens and breathing is much improved.  Still I would suggest speaking with your surgeon as nasal medications can help expedite this process.

Breathing issues

so early on this is almost certainly due to internal swelling so wait at least 4-6 months . The use of Nose Oil and FESS spray can help