I am a 39 year old female. Can Veneers fix my crooked teeth? (photo)

I have no desire to go through orthodontics. In your opinion would my top teeth be a candidate for porcelain veneers ?Would you recommend a different type of veneer? I was contemplating the top 6 teeth. I have healthy teeth , no cavities. I did break my jaw as a teenager and was wired shut for 12 weeks, the break was on the lower right right . I also lost two molars on the top left during the injury,the gaps have grown together.

Veneers , dental tourism

you can have a great layout, with veneers, shape, size and even color, can be done and also you need combined procedures, with gum and teeth work, your smile will look  more nice and even. and now if you want something to be done within in just a couple of days, dental tourism,could be a great solution, in just a few days. and you will find up to 60 % below in prices, and same quality.

Porcelain veneers

Yes, if you have no desire to do orthodontic to correct the teeth position, you can definitely do veneers to correct the position of your teeth, color and shape.  you would need 8 to 10 veneers and a wider smile .  Look for a experienced cosmetic dentist  in your area and ask for before and after picture of his or her work.  

Orthodontics or veneers #DrSoftTouch

Orthodontics would be the best option for you. However, veneers are an option too. I would recommend 8-10 veneers across the top to give you a wider, more proportionate smile. I'll link a before and after photo of a patient of mine who's case was similar to yours. See an experienced cosmetic dentist for a veneer consult to determine your options. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future. 

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Saint Louis Dentist

Veneers

Hi:

Due to your bite and inward position of your teeth, a comprehensive evaluation with study models should be done to gauge the impact on the veneers.  I would suggest to use Emax veneers if the evaluation shows that veneers would work.  If you go beyond 6 front teeth there is much greater chance of breakage over time.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Cosmetic veneers or comprehensive treatment.

Six veneers is not a good idea because of your narrow arch.  I would suggest if you want veneers to do either only 4 veneers or 8-10 veneers for a fuller wider smile.  Just doing six will look bad.

You did not post a smile picture which is important but I am guessing some gingival recontouring would help.

This is not an ideal treatment plan but it is possible.  Do you get chronic headaches or migraines?  If yes I would address the bite first.  Ideally, I would suggest the DNA Appliance and Epigenetic orthodontics to grow your underdeveloped maxilla, create a full wide smile.  This will also improve soft tissue support of your facial muscles and tissues giving you a dental facelift. 

An important question is always your timeline.  Is there a pressing need for a quick change in your smile.  I frequently develop long term treatment plans for patients that allow them to correct issues immediately until they a ready for ideal treatment. 

Ira Shapira, DDS
Chicago Dentist

Veneers alone are not the answer

Wow! There is a lot going on here.  I understand that you said you do not want orthodontic treatment, but that is the best thing for you to start with.  Your teeth are in mal-occlusion, and nothing will last without first treating the poor position of your teeth. I highly recommend a complete evaluation and work up of your case before you undergo any treatment. Your desire to only treat the front 6 teeth with veneers would be pretty destructive to your teeth and would be noticeable in a bad way not in a good one. Here are problems I see with your smile that need to be addressed for a properly functioning dentition that can allow for the esthetic enhancements you are inquiring about.  1.The angulation of your teeth is tilted inward which has led to both posterior and anterior crossbites. 2 The teeth have "delayed passive eruption" resulting in excessive gum exposure, and you need to have esthetic crown lengthening (Complete Gum Lift) to achieve the proper proportional length of the visible portion of the teeth.  This will create a smile that does not show as much pink gum when the lips move and reveal the smile.  Another treatment to evaluate for would be a Lefort 1 osteotomy in the event that the esthetic crown lengthening can not achieve all of the gum reduction needed. 

If you reconsider orthodontic treatment, you can achieve many things such as expansion and broadening of your smile, de-rotation of the the teeth that are turned and proper alignment and elimination of the destructive forces that are present.  You could use Invisalign instead of wires and brackets and be done in less than one year. You would not need veneers at all if you simply whitened the teeth and had the esthetic crown lengthening performed. 

Veneers will cost you more, cause more tooth to be drilled away and have to be replaced in future years. The more conservative orthodontic approach will leave your teeth completely natural, cost you less and not require future replacement which would cost you money every time that becomes necessary.  I love performing veneers, but I always want to do what is best for the patient.  In your case I recommend orthodontic therapy over veneers

A beautiful smile is "ALL" about proper, balanced proportion.  It takes insight, careful planning and an artistic eye to do it correctly.  Please interview dentists and review pictures of cases they have done before you select the one who you feel can help you.

Douglas E Jopling, DDS