5 months post-op, is this a double bubble?? (photo)

My left boob is lower and looks much better than the right one. It's been 5 months since I got them done. Is it true that the only way to fix it is having another surgery? Thank you

Double bubble?

Hello, I think you will first need to see your surgeon to determine if your implant is in fact lower than it should be.  Generally this issue will not resolve with conservative measures but your PS will be able to discuss next steps.

Hard to be sure.

From your photo, the only thing I can appreciate is some asymmetry with one great appearing larger than the other. Without examining you, and knowing what implants were inserted, it is difficult to make any judgements or recommendations. Your best bet is to follow up with your plastic surgeon and express your concerns. If you feel you would like a second opinion, I recommend a consultation with an experienced board certified or board eligible plastic surgeon.  Unfortunately the answer to your other question regarding correction of any issues is that you would indeed need revision surgery. Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank-you for the question.  Your implants will continue to settle and change for atleast one year after surgery.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and doing an exam will help determine the underlying cause.  Best wishes!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

5 months post-op, is this a double bubble??

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Without a before photograph, or in-person examination, it is difficult to offer definite advice, but it does appear that your left breast implant may have descended a bit too low causing an elevation of your nipple and some asymmetry to your right side.  See your surgeon for an in-person evaluation and discussion of your current appearance.  If the implant has fallen, only surgery can help restore its expected position.  Best wishes.

Double bubble or bottoming out after breast augmentation

Thanks for your post and pic.  From the 1 view you posted, it's hard to tell what's going on.  This looks more like your left implant has descended lower than the inframammary fold which is called "bottoming out".  A true double-bubble shows the previous indentation of the inframammary fold.  Either way, the treatment is essentially the same.  The left implant needs to be removed and the scar tissue capsule at the bottom needs to be stitched back  together in order to raise the implants.  Discuss the details with your PS.  If you don't feel comfortable with him or her, you may want to seek a second opinion.