Do I have a deviated septum following Rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty 6/14- completely cosmetic. Prior to the surgery, I never had breathing issues. After the surgery, I was told I had a deviated septum, which was corrected during the surgery. More than two years later, I have difficulty breathing out of my left nostril, and have sinus issues. I'm not sure if I should contact my surgeon, or find another one? Please advise.

Rhinoplasty 6/14

It would be nice to have seen preop photos.  It does look like your caudal septum is in the left airway. Your obstruction feeling may be due to several different things. Best to be seen in person for an evaluation.

cait1204, I would recommend you see an experienced ENT surgeon and have this evaluated. Should you require any cosmetic changes to your nose then you may want to see a specialist that has done both ENT and a plastic/facial plastic fellowship. Search the Internet and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal obstruction after rhinoplasty

You should be evaluated by a facial plastic surgeon who performs a nasal endoscopy as part of the exam to assess the nasal cavities. Without an examination by a rhinoplasty expert, it is impossible to determine what the cause of your nasal obstruction is. It could be due to a residual septal deviation, external nasal valve collapse, internal nasal valve collapse, inferior turbinate hypertrophy, etc. Best wishes!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated septum

it's very hard to determine from these photos what your breathing issue is. It's best for you to go for an in person evaluation.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated septum

Hello,Although difficult to tell without an examination, based on what I can see on your photograph, you may have a deviation of the bottom part of the septum. If this is the case, breathing problems can be caused by this. I would recommend seeking the advice of your surgeon as he is in the best position to help you.Regards,

J. Phillip Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon