Contolling frontal fibrosing alopecia so I can have hair transplant

Woman who has had FFA since 2006 and has lost 1 1/2"-2" from front top and sides . Taking FInestride,aczone topical,ellidel topical, Men's Rograine. None have stopped it. Use Clobetasol liquid when is at worst. Any suggestions as to getting remission or any sites like RealSelf with doctors who specialize in it? Would like to stop it so can do transplants!

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

It is best to find a doctor for an examination for your condition.

It is best to find a doctor for an examination for your condition.  Hair transplant may not give you the results you are looking for.  If you accept these limitations, some doctors may be able to help.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Frontal fibrosing alopecia is usually slowly progressive. It appears that your dermatologist is approaching it as well as can be done. I suggest trying micro-injections of PRP (platelet rich plasma) or specially prepared amniotic fluid to see if the growth factors in these treatments can help you. Regarding a hair transplant, this could be quite unpredictable, but if the disease is arrested, it may be a viable option for you.

Best of luck to you.

Frontal fibrosing alopecia

The problem with frontal fibrosing alopecia is that even after treatment, the problem does not resolve and transplant failures often occur down stream

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon