Almost 6weeks post breast augmentation uneven and one higher up (photos)

I had 350 high profile round silicone gel. I had slight asymmetry according to the "measurements" the doctor took. I had the surgery on 6/20/16 and I'm just wondering if this is as good as its get with the unevenness and size difference? I am a little disappointed not going to lie.

Breast Aymmetry

Thank you for your question and photos. Your results appear fairly symmetric right now and the entire drop & fluff process will take between 2-6 months. I recommend that you wait until closer to 6 months to evaluate results and remember that perfect symmetry isn't a realistic goal.
All the best

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Almost 6weeks post breast augmentation uneven and one higher up

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  You had some subtle asymmetry before your procedure but your results have not fully matured, they often take 6 months or more.  That said it appears that you have obtained a very nice result but i can understand your disappointment based on your expectations from surgery.  Talk to your surgeon and voice your concerns, they can provide you with reassurances. 

Breast asymmetry

The two breasts were different to begin with and the post-op your breasts look pretty nice.  Remember perfection is not obtainable.

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, sometimes expectations can exceed the actual final result, which can leave a patient disappointed or unhappy, as seems to be the case for you. If we step back for a minute, it looks as though your surgeon was quite thoughtful and precise with determining how to achieve optimal symmetry for you, with making not of your pre-operative asymmetry, etc. From the photos you have provided, your result looks very good, and the asymmetry is difficult to discern from the photos, but may indeed be evident in person. 
My best advice to you is to give it some more time, and you will hopefully gradually become more comfortable and happy with your outcome, as you keep in mind that the vast majority of women have some degree of asymmetry and this is rarely noticeable to anyone who sees you in clothing, out of clothing, bra, or bathing suit. 
If you remain disappointed after some time has gone by, discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. If you remain dissatisfied after that, you can always seek a second opinion but I would be very cautious about undergoing further surgery. Remember, things can always get worse instead of better. 
There is an old adage that "perfect is the enemy of good, except in plastic surgery", which means that most of us are striving for a "perfect" outcome for our patients, but even with that being the goal, sometimes more harm is done but chasing perfection to the extreme. Chasing out an implant for slightly bigger or slightly smaller is fairly straightforward and uncomplicated, but there is always a potential for complications or unfavorable outcomes.  Bottom line, you have a very pretty result. I hope you come around to being happier with your breasts. Best of luck to you.  

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Early post op asymmetry after breast augmentation

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble.  It is fairly easy after your surgery.  I would recommend close follow up with your surgeon and giving it some more time for everything to settle out.  The subtle asymmetries may become less noticeable.  After 3-6 months has passed you can then re evaluate your result.  Good luck

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Still have asymmetry

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment. From your photographs, you had some asymmetry of the fold ,with the right one being higher than the left prior to surgery. While some asymmetries can be ameliorated, sometimes it's not possible to get a perfectly symmetric result. I think your result looks quite good. If you are my patient, I would tell you that any attempt to lower the right crease to match the left, may look  better for a while, but has the risk of bottoming out compared to the left. With such a small discrepancy, my recommendation would be to accept this because the cure may be worse than the asymmetry. Good luck. O

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation result

A breast augmentation makes the breasts you have larger. You had some very mild asymmetry pre op and still do post op. You had attractive smaller breasts pre op and now attractive larger breasts post op.. The slight asymmetry could have been improved with a tiny lift on one side, but I do not think the scar would be worth it. Enjoy your nice result. Good luck.

Postop asymmetry

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment.  If you had a slight asymmetry before surgery, you will likely have a slight asymmetry after surgery to some degree.  That being said, you appear to have a very nice result especially so soon following your procedure.  Ultimately, it takes approximately 3-6 months for your skin and tissue to accommodate your new implants allowing them to settle into position.  We therefore usually recommend that patients wait at least 3 months before coming to any conclusion about the results of surgery.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon over the coming months.  Hope this helps!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon