I'm 5,5 1/2 and 185, how much weight loss is needed to get a great mommy makeover? (photos)

I would like to get the most out of my mommy makeover surgery but I want to be prepared so I can get the best results.. how much weight is preferred to be lost before i have mommy makeover..

Mommy Makeover - Weight loss first?

Thank you for your question and photos. I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. If this is not possible, your BMI should be below 30 to minimize your risk of complications. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast and body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

I'm 5,5 1/2 and 185, how much weight loss is needed to get a great mommy makeover?

From looking at your photos, you would have a beautiful result now with a full tummy tuck with liposuction to the upper abdomen and waistline. If you are considering a BBL or fat transfer to the hips or breasts as part of your procedure, the excess fat will come in handy.

Weight loss before surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

HTomow much weight loss is needed to get a great mommy makeover?

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with  body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently.  In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.   As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns, helpful to you as you consider your options. Best wishes.

In general, you want to be as close to your ideal weight as possible to get the best possible results. Having said that, you want to be at a realistic weight that you can maintain. Just based upon your photos, it appears that you will get a good result from a TT and possible lipo. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who takes the time to properly evaluate and measure you in person. Good luck!

How much weight loss is needed to get a great mommy makeover?

Thank you for your question.  Generally, your weight should be stable and close to your ideal weight before proceeding with a mommy makeover.  This will optimize your aesthetic results and reduce your surgical risks.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Dr Derby

You are already a good candidate from what i can see from the photos. It is wise to try to lose as much weight as possible before the procedure or at least maintain current weight. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Hi, thank you for the photo and question... you can have great results with a Mommy Makeover with your current weight. And more if you are considering a Bbl, because more fat could be harvested for better results. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Mommy make-over - ideal weight

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • If you weighed 140 pounds, you would have a BMI of 25 and you will have a terrific result
  • BUT - it is important to be at a weight that you can maintain.
  • At your current weight and height, your BMI is 30 and you are stil concisdered a good candidate for surgery.
  • You could still expect a good result.
  • So if you have six months or so, work at getting fit with aerobic exercise, weights, stretching and eating less - but in a way that you know you can maintain.
  • Do not do special diets or massive work out plans - you quickly gain the weight back.
  • If getting fit and losing weight doesn't work - having surgery now is fine.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS