Fraxel laser ruined my skin! I have to wear makeup all the time to hide these ugly marks. Please help.

Fraxil laser turned my skin into a disaster !! I have pigmentation all over my cheeks, forehead ,leather like skin and lines under my eyes.. Over the years I have tried to correct it . This has ruined so much in my life and now I have to wear make up all the time to hide these ugly marks! The texture of my skin is just awful. I have olive complextion and befor this laser treatment I did have beautiful skin.. Please help ...

Laser Side-Effect

Sorry to hear that you developed complications from your treatment.  It is an unfortunate fact that, for  many reasons, some individuals will develop complications or adverse reactions to any form of medical or surgical treatment.  Fortunately they represent an unlucky small percentage of a much larger treated group.  In order to understand better what has happened to you, one would need to see photographs of how you are now, how you were before the treatment and how you looked during the early healing phase after the treatment.  In addition the type of laser used, how many treatments you had and the settings on the machine would also be helpful.

Melbourne Dermatologist

Fraxel and Laser side effect

I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad side effect from the Fraxel laser.  It would be helpful if you could post photos to help you.  I have no idea what settings were done but in type III skin and darker you have to be careful and there are many times I utilize the eMatrix laser for this reason.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Fraxel laser and cosmetic lasers for the best result.