Juverderm Voluma or XC Ultra plus for laugh nasal folds correction?

I'm a 39 year old female who 6 mths ago had Juverderm xc ultra plus injected into my nasal folds. I was very happy with the results but am in need of more. Would I benefit more using Voluma in my checks to correct this problem or should I stick the with the Ultra plus?

Juvederm Ultra Plus vs Voluma

It is difficult to know if you would benefit from Voluma being placed in your cheeks (malar augmentation) without seeing your pictures. If you feel that your cheek bones appear flat on side profile, you are likely a candidate for malar augmentation. Increasing the cheek projection does help reduce the nasolabial folds (NLF). However, it often does not resolve the NLFs fully. You may still require the Juvederm Ultra Plus as well (although less may be needed). Best of luck.

Juvederm Voluma or XC Ultra plus for laugh nasal folds correction?

Without photos it is difficult to say which option Voluma, Juvederm Ultra plus XC, or a combination of both, would be the best option.   Voluma works best over the cheek area and can help reduce the nasolabial folds, whereas Juvederm is best suited for the corners of the mouth and laugh lines.  Check with your surgeon as to which option may work best in your case.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

The days of direct nasolabial fold filler injection are winding down. In order to correct these folds, it has been shown that the best technique is to augment the mid facial soft tissues superior to (above) those areas. Injections as such with suitable fillers such as Volume or Radiuses will draw the nasolabial tissues upwards, thus, diminishing the depth of the nasolabial folds. Good luck!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma versus Juvederm XC

Without photos I would be just guessing.  After a certain point, just putting more product in the nasolabial area is not necessarily the answer.  I like the effect of putting Voluma in the cheeks as it takes away the nasolabial area wrinkles in a beautiful way.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma vs Juvederm Ultra Plus

Can you repost your question with a photo?  It would be helpful to see the contours of your cheeks.  If you are happy with Juvederm Ultra Plus in the nasolabial folds, but feel like you could have more improvement, you would likely benefit from some Voluma in your cheeks.  Treating the cheeks will help lift the lower face and reduce nasolabial folds and marionette lines.

Photos are very helpful to answer your question. If you have a loss of cheek volume then Voluma would fill and shape the cheeks as well as lift the cheek improving the nasolabial fold. If you have prominent cheeks and no volume loss then Ultra Plus is likely your best option. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Volume displacement to lift..

A picture will guide us, especially one on an angle under shadowed lighting. This would allow us to see where the volume loss is, and the source of the origin and not just the problem (nasal folds). Certainly Voluma to your cheeks ( and strategic areas on your cheekbones and just in front of your ear) can LIFT the skin, displace volume and diminish nasal lines. Gone are the days where by good injectors only treat nasolabial folds, we now look at the source and address the issues. In some patients, we do use a small amount of filler as adjunct to fill these lines. This is most commonly performed in older patients. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Voluma vs. Juvederm Ultra Plus

You definitely need to seek the consultation of an experienced injector. Voluma creates a mid face list and also enhances the youthful contour of the cheek. Voluma will correct to some degree the nasolabial folds. If volume and lifting of the mid face is required, I will inject the Voluma first and then see if and how much Ultra Plus Juvederm is necessary.