Is the rhinoplasty depiction I created realistic? Nose, chin, jaw (Photos)

Hi, I photoshopped my original photo to reflect what I would ideally change about my face. Is the rhinoplasty depiction I created realistic? (Note: I would also like the frontal view of my nose to be thinner) Also, for the chin/jaw area, wwhat wwooukd be he best procedure/combination of procedures? I know I would like my chin pad size reduced, but don't know what else would be most advantageous. Thanks!

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty and chin

Hello! The morph that you provided shows increased definition of the tip, which is realistic. You would likely benefit from chin augmentation, as your chin appears recessed, and a small chin makes the nose look larger. Your skin appears thick and that can affect the degree of definition possible with the tip. I would recommend a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, discuss what you are trying to accomplish and let them morph what they feel is realistic. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation Candidate

Dear brennabug, You would be a candidate for rhinoplasty with a small chin augmentation and sub-mental liposuction to better define your jawline and balance your profile. During consultation imaging can be performed to show you how these procedures would look and if the proposed results would be your desired outcome. See an example of the imaging process and how close in proximity the imaged and final results are. See the link below for other rhinoplasty examples. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Changes in nose and chin/jaw realistic?

Without an examination in person, it is difficult to know what is best for your chin. Pad reduction would be one option, but if the bony portion is too prominent, then that would have to be dealt with. As far as the nose is concerned, I feel that the result you showed is probably realistic; what the other doctors have said about the thickness of the skin is important, because it will be difficult to create as thin a result as you would  like.  Certainly there are steps we can take to narrow the nose overall. At the same time you want to have a balance. Pick a surgeon with a lot of experience doing noses.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Are My Goals for Rhinoplasty and Chin Definition Realistic

Your rhinoplasty goals are realistic but you will not get quite the definition you've shown in the morphed result because your skin is thicker. I suggest you consider chin augmentation with an implant to improve chin projection and jawline definition.

Is the rhinoplasty depiction I created realistic?

The digitally altered photo does appear realistic, however the nose would probably change more from the frontal profile than the side profile  with a rhinoplasty procedure. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge line and refining the bulbous tip with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Thick skin in the tip of the nose will be a significant impediment to seeing refinement in that area. The thickness of the skin is determined at time of the examination. For more information  and many examples of narrowing a wide nose, please see the link and the video below

Rhiniplasty and chin surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a chin reduction performed at the same time.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Facial Imaging

There are some realistic aspects to your imaging but it is not entirely accurate. You have thick nasal tissues so your nose is not going to turnout to be as thin or as narrow as you would like. Your nose will turn out somewhat thinner but your tissues are just not going to allow it to be as thin as you would like.