Would it qualify for and benefit from sculpsure procedure? (Photos)

Can I go for the sculpsure procedure at my current weight , 201lbs ,5'4",

Not Ideal Candidate for SculpSure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

SculpSure technology target stubborn unwanted fat around the abdomen and flanks. SculpSure is indicated for patients with Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or under, or patients who are within 10 -20 lbs of their ideal weight. Unfortunately, SculpSure would not be an effective treatment for someone like yourself who has greater subcutaneous fat than the recommendations indicated for SculpSure treatments. 

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what the best options would be for your fat loss goals. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

#S

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

Who is a good candidate for SculpSure?

No. You want your BMI to be below 30. At your current weight, SculpSure would not deliver the benefits that you desire. 

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure aims to target subcutaneous fat. I think that it would be an ideal complementary treatment for you after you utilize the benefits of a tummy tuck. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to create a treatment plan based on the procedures that are most ideal for your body.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not a SculpSure Candidate

From your pictures it appears you would be far better served with an abdominoplasty.  (Tummy Tuck).  As other doctors have answered the excess skin you have would not be addressed by SculpSure.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a more complete discussion of your body contouring options.
Dr. C

Candidate for SculpSure?

Thank you for sharing your photos and your question.  SculpSure is the world's only laser for non-invasive fat reduction for stubborn pockets of fat.  Based on your photos, SculpSure would not be the best primary treatment.  If you do not want to have surgery (#abdominoplasty), you may consider utilizing a combination approach such as the Silhouette Procedure (Vanquish ME, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone combination) to first reduce large amounts of fat.  Then you can utilize SculpSure to fine tune any smaller remaining fat pockets.  Find an expert physician in your area that can customize the treatments for your body.  You can see amazing results.  None of these procedures is a substitute for diet and exercise.
Best of luck,Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
#fatreduction, #fatloss, #bodyshaping, #bodycontouring, #nonsurgical, #noninvasive, #combinationtherapy, #SilhouetteProcedure, #VanquishME, #BTLExilis, #BTLCellutone, #SculpSure, #Cynosure, #ifmyclothescouldtalk, #Ultrashape, #Velashape, #CoolSculpt, #plasticsurgery, #dermatology, #Houston, #Texas, #RefreshDermatology, #Chilukuri

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculpsure Candidates

Sculpsure is best for patients who have a normal BMI (Body Mass Index) or close to normal ( in the overweight category).   To see significant improvement at your BMI would necessitate many areas and repeat treatments in the same area.  And Sculpsure would not be able to reduce the excess skin in those areas.  Therefore, I would advise you to see a plastic surgeon for evalulation for an abdominoplasty procedure.

Need to improve your BMI first for optimal results

Thanks for your photo and question! Sculpsure is a really great new procedure, but the fat reduction is only about 20% per treatment area. I don't think you would notice much difference unless you did several treatments, which would be very costly. I would first explore ways to achieve some traditional weight loss, and then reward yourself with Sculpsure if you can reach your weight loss goal!!

SculpSure candidate

Hello and thank you for your question and posting pictures. Unfortunately you are not a good candidate for SculpSure. Although you would see some results with SculpSure it would take many treatments and would be very costly. Best, Dr Faraz

SculpSure Candidates

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is a spot fat reduction procedure, meaning it allows people to target specific stubborn areas that have been difficult to loose. It is to help patients reach their desired symmetry and it is not a treatment for excessively overweight patients. From looking at your photos, you do not seem to be an ideal candidate for SculpSure because it seems you may have some loose skin that will affect your results. You should consider SmartLipo with ThermiTight. SmartLipo is an advanced version of liposuction that offers greater precision and power. It can eliminate fat in virtually any body area to give you the trim, contoured figure you desire. This includes fat in the chink, neck, back, arms, buttocks, thighs, calves, abdomen, and flanks (including love handles and muffin tops). The energy of the SmartLipo laser performs two essential functions: (1) it liquefies fat cells, making them easier to remove; and (2) it heats the skin in the treatment area, triggering a healing response that stimulates collagen growth, leading to smoother results than other types of liposuction. ThermiTight delivers radio frequency energy subcutaneously to tighten your skin. If you are interested please have an in-person consultation so that a qualified physician can review your treatment areas. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD