Are my breasts fixable? (Photo)

I'm 48. Ive had ugly breats my entire adult life. It goes way deeper than just aesthetics. Looking back I feel its the core reason as to why I have never had a healthy long term relationship. Ive never had the confidence to attract a normal man. My ex husband was emotionally abusive. Ive never felt good enough. As a result i live on one income and i dont have any money to pay for a procedure. Ive felt this way for years. Is there any help available?

There are several options to help enhance your breasts.

Depending on your goals, you appear to be a good candidate for a breast lift to improve the position and shape of your breasts and remove excess skin. A breast lift alone may give you the breasts you want or you can add breast augmentation to your lift to increase the volume of your breasts. Many plastic surgeons offer payment plans, so that could be an option for you. You may want to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to get a personalized plan to address your concerns.

Inner Work First

I echo the sentiments of the other surgeons on this thread. Yes, of course, your breast shape can be improved with the help of plastic surgery. This can definitely help self-esteem, but it will not serve as a substitute for counseling. After surviving an abusive relationship, I strongly encourage you look around your area, many churches and other non-profit facilities offer free (or sliding scale) counseling to help you get to a better place psychologically. At the same time, I encourage you to really devote time to yourself, and practice "self love" by taking the time necessary to nourish your body with healthy food and carve out time for exercise. You will feel better, and as a result, lose some excess weight. When you are within 10 pounds of your goal weight for 6+ months and you are at a better place psychologically, I think a mastopexy will help you feel a surge of confidence with your new breasts. Please keep us updated, and I sincerely hope this helps. Best of luck.

Breast shape and size can be improved

Dr. Hedden said it well. Yes, you can get a much better shape and size breast with a breast reduction/lift. Weight loss would be beneficial too. Weight loss should come before the surgery so that you get the most out of the surgery. But the right man won't care about the way your breasts look. You will come closer to attracting the right partner if you feel better about yourself.  That could very well depend on some counseling to get you there.  Cosmetic surgery alone may not be enough without a good counselor. Best of luck to you in becoming happy with yourself!!  

Sonya Merriman, MD
Valdosta Plastic Surgeon

Are my breasts fixable?

Sure they are. But that will fix your breasts, not your "attractiveness" to a "good man."

You need to lose weight, get healthy, and remake your attitude about what constitutes being happy with yourself.

This is way more than cosmetic breast surgery can provide, but it can be a PART of the new you. I am certainly not a psychiatrist (I leave that to my sister, who is), but I am a caring physician first and a plastic surgeon next. The only reason I bring these things up is that your question spent more text talking about these issues than about your breasts. So it only seems appropriate to address your "real" issues. I hope you don't think I'm being presumptuous, but I want you to know that surgery can indeed make your breasts more lifted, perky, and proportionate, but you have to do the rest!

See one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons for advice and cost information about the surgery you request, and in the meantime, start that diet and self-improvement program. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Are my breasts fixable

Thank you for your question. Reduction/lift will help in your case. Best is to consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

Are my breasts fixable? = yes, they are. Consider a breast reduction/lift #breastreduction #breastlift #breastsurgery

Patients with large droopy breasts could benefit from a breast reduction/lift. 

Breast reduction removes the excess of breast tissue and repositions it to a more lifted youthful appearance (see link).

Patients interested in "fixing" their breast should make a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

John Mesa, MD

Are my breasts fixable?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  There are a number of surgical options available to improve the aesthetics of your breasts, including a reduction or lift.  That said I would first help address the psychological stressors in your life before pursuing any surgery, as without appropriately addressing these issues you will find that no surgery will be worthwhile.  

Are my breasts fixable?

Thank you for your question and photos.  There are many options and the first place to start is with a face to face consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience with this area. After your consultation they should be able to let you know your options. Once you know your options then you can decide if it makes sense to have surgery. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Breat lift at teaching hospital

Look into a resident plastic surgery clinic at a teaching university. I think a perky C cup is in your future! It will cost much less then a regular plastic surgery office which would be about $6000 for a breast lift procedure. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon