What can I do if I went too big?

I am 5'4 and 135 lbs & I got them done in IN about a 1yr 7m. I went from a 34A or 34B to a 36DD. I had 550cc high profile silicone implants put in. I'm regretting my size now that I have lost most of my feeling in my nipples & the weight of them bothers me a lot sometimes I'm really uncomfortable. I paid 6,000 dollars for my surgery & I'm not happy w/ how big they are. Ppl really seem to notice & I don't care for that either. Is it possible to get them redone w/o paying the full fee again?

Shouldn't be a problem from a technical point of view

Replacing your current implants with smaller ones is fairly easy to accomish.      Finding a well trained, board certified plastic surgeon with an interest in aesthetic breast surgery who operates in an accredited surgical facility should also be easy to accomplish. Gwtting that surgeon to operate for a reduced fee will be the hard part...Best wishes! 

Dr. Robert Shenker MD FRCSC

What can I do if I went too big with breast augmentation?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Yes, you should be able to undergo downsizing of breast implants. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.   Whether or not the adjustment of the breast implant capsules will be necessary will mainly be dependent on your physical examination; specifically, factors such as the amount of redundant skin and quality of skin elasticity will be important.    Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast surgery, specifically downsizing breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.  

Redo augmentatoin

Your surgeon may give you a break, but that is surgeon dependent. Another surgeon is unlikely to reduce the fee for you.

Breast Augmentation

Of course you can get them redone, though it will likely cost you. First meet with your surgeon and discuss your concerns. He/she may offer a discounted rate for removal given your disappointment.

Implants are too large.

Thank you for your question.    It is possible to downsize implants.  I would check with your surgeon.   Best of luck  

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Go smaller

I would go back and talk to your surgeon.  If you can simply exchange the breasts implants for a smaller one, you will not need the full expense of the first.  We charge for the OR room fee and anesthesia only if you want general anesthesia.Best WIshes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

What can I do if I went too big?

I am sorry you are so disappointed.  It is pretty easy to place smaller implants.  The problem, though, is that if you choose significantly smaller implants there may be sagging of the skin and breast tissues.  That may require a lift (mastopexy).  That means additional scarring and additional costs. Can you go back to your original surgeon?  Very often we (plastic surgeons) will give a significant discount to returning patients. Plus your original surgeon can best assess what your desires are and how to achieve them. Good luck.

William A. Terranova, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon