Vaginoplasty failure. Do I still have a chance of having a normal vagina? (Photos)

I gave birth on the 13th of April, my stitches came off before healing properly and I was left with a gaping hole, I went back to the hospital and they scheduled to restitch on the 8th of June. I got the operation done . I'm devastated, not only is it very open but it's quite loose on the inside as well. When I asked the doc why it was this open he said it's because my labia is small so it won't close .Is this true? Or Do i still have a chance of having a normal vagina?? Please help me!!?

Candidates of Vaginal Rejuvenation or Vaginoplasty surgery are women who desire a more youthful appearance and function of the vulva and vaginal area.  For some women, the effects of childbirth, aging, trauma, and/or genetics, causes their vaginal tissue and muscles to become stretched, which results in loss of strength and tone in the vaginal area.  This may result in decreased intimacy and sexual satisfaction. In some cases, the laxity of tissues can be visible.  The lining of the vagina can be reduced, removing excess and redundant mucosa decreasing the diameter of the canal. The muscle ring, pubococcygeus, at the entrance or introitus can be tightened.  These procedures along with exercises such as Kegles can help keep the muscle tone in this area.  Aesthetic Vaginoplasty, in many cases, can increase friction during intercourse, giving women more control of vaginal muscles, increasing sexual satisfaction, while also creating a more attractive and appealing appearance to the vaginal area. Now, there are always possibilities that your initial procedure did not heal exactly right, and then a revision is possible with your plastic surgeon.Revisions are generally possible but, as with other surgeries, revision becomes more difficult than the initial first operation. These should be performed by a surgeon experienced with Cosmetic Female Genital Surgery.  You should wait at least 6 months for the initial surgery to resolve. Tissues need to heal and soften before they are re-operated upon.

Vaginoplasty failure

It does not sound like you had a true vaginal tightening procedure but more a revision of a episiotomy breakdown.I would give yourself some time to heal and if it still bothers you then I would consult with a surgeon that performs vaginal tightening procedures.Best of luck.

Hello, Of course that you can set and rejuvenate your vagina with vaginoplasty seeking help with a good cosmetic surgery Gynecology makes you vaginoplasty. and thanks for your question!

Miriam Luciano, MD
Dominican Republic OB/GYN

Dr Pelosi and Goodman are correct

Dear Ms GC 21Please see both Dr Goodmans and Pelosi's answers as they are correct. A perineoplasty does not constitute vaginal tightening.  John R Miklos MD
Urogynecology & Cosmetic VAginal Surgery
Atlanta ~Beverly Hills ~Dubai

An episiotomy repair is NOT a vaginal tightening procedure!

As you progress post-partum, things will tighten and the vagina will close more. Will this be a satisfactory appearance for you? Will it be tight enough?  Too early to say, BUT-- an episiotomy repair has nothing to do with vaginal tightening or post-partum aesthetic appearance; you may need to visit  a specialized genital plastic/cosmetic surgeon for that operation, called "perineoplasty + vaginoplasty.
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA

An episiotomy is not a vaginoplasty and an episiotomy revision failure is not a vaginoplasty failure

When you have an episiotomy at childbirth, an incision is made and then sutured, but nothing is really tightened - it it simply brought back together. Structural damage to the vagina is not repaired at the time of a standard episiotomy. If the repaired episiotomy falls apart for any reason and it is repaired in the first few months, scar tissue is trimmed away and the area is resutured, but nothing is really tightened. When a vaginoplasty is performed, the layers of the posterior vaginal away are opened individually, the deep muscles are tightened, and any structural damage such as rectocele is repaired. Episiotomy is not a treatment for the correction of vaginal laxity and it is not the cause of your vaginal laxity whether the scar fell apart or not. The cause is vaginal childbirth.