Unintentional skin peel with firm rough outcome

Good day doctor, I used a cleanser and a toner on a hyper pigmented area of my face. I noticed a brighter part so I applied more on the other darker part. This resulted in an abrasion which later healed up. The healed part then peeled off completely. However after this peeling, which appears to be the epidermis, the next skin exposed is not smooth, rough to touch , firm rigid and seems like a scar. What can I do to make this look like my other skin and smooth. Help me please.

Peel and Side Effects

If you could post a photo it could be more specific to your problem.  However, it sounds like local wound care and emollients and possibly antibiotic ointments to prevent infection would be best.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist to help you.  Best, Dr. Green