Will tummy tuck work for me? (Photo)

Hi I am a mom of 3 all my pregnancies were NVD. For my first 2 , i had no issue losing weight. With my third pregnancy nothing has worked, exercise, diets, lifestyle changes! While i dont expect to go back to a size 6/8, obviously i have aged, I need to know if a tummy tuck will help at all, i also was told i have lordosis, which basically is a very curved spine ,part of why my belly protrudes a bit. Surgery is a big step and i want to make sure it will work. I am desparate.

Will tummy tuck work for me?

Consider losing some weight prior to surgery but otherwise you are a good candidate for a TT and lipo for sculpting. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) is a plastic surgery procedure designed to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, and to tighten the abdominal wall.

Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty. Many patients complain that they cannot flatten their abdominal muscles through exercise, which also means a tummy tuck may be right for them.

Abdominoplasty candidates have:

·         excess abdominal skin which may sag

·         a disproportionate or protruding abdomen

·         weakened or separated abdominal muscles

·         excess fat concentrated in the abdomen

Other tummy tuck patients may recently have lost a lot of weight and need to have excess skin and tissue removed. Many women choose to have an abdominoplasty following pregnancy.

Will tummy tuck work for me?

The picture is not ideal but it looks like your skin is not excessively loose.  Liposuction would make a nice difference but there is one big difference between tummy tuck and just lipo when a woman has had three pregnancies. The rectus muscles have been stretched apart and there is often a bulge in the upper abdomen that gets worse when bloating occurs and makes the upper abdomen look much fatter than it actually is.  Tummy tuck repairs the abdominal laxity of the muscles so liposuction alone cannot give you the best result after multiple pregnancies.  It depends on how much better you are hoping to look.  Tummy tuck will give the best results in most cases also because more stretch marks will be removed.  Looking at you though, there doesn't appear to be many stretch marks.  Get your consult from someone reliable and good luck!

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck/liposuction

Thank you for your question and picture, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening that will give you a flatter abdomen and liposuction of sides and back for a nice contour,please consult with a board certified PS, good luck!

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be performed to improve the contour of your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Will tummy tuck work for me?

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your photograph and history, a tummy tuck operation will certainly improve your abdominal wall contour;  whether or not it will be enough of a improvement ("work for you") would require in-person evaluation ( careful physical examination and careful communication of goals/expectations).  The use of visual aids (previous patient before/after photographs) can be very helpful during this communication process.

Although easier said than done, I would suggest ongoing efforts with diet/exercise (professional help with nutritionists/personal trainers if possible);  getting closer to your long-term maintainable weight will certainly improve safety parameters of the operation and aesthetic outcomes as well.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes as you work toward your goals.