Do I have tuberous breasts , if so how do I fix it ? (photos)

I'm worried I have tuberous breasts, I do not know what precisely is wrong or how to fix it I just know they aren't normal. Please could you give me some advice on how to fix this

Tuberous breast

Your breasts do not have the appearance of a tuberous breast.  Your areolas are slightly full and this is a normal variant.  You do not have any of the other characteristics of a tuberous breast.

Dr. Scott Barr, MD, FRCSC, Plastic Surgeon

Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photo. In my opinion your breasts are not textbook tuberous. I suggest that you seek a #BoardCertifiedPlasticSurgeon for an evaluation. It would be in your best interest to be evaluated by an expert in tuberous breast repair. He may suggest a minimal procedure to address the puffy aureolas but otherwise I do not believe you present with all of the signs of tuberous breasts. Best wishes!

Tuberous breast?

From your photographs, in my opinion, you have a partially tuberous breast.  With the extra breast tissue that is pushing under the nipple the best correction is a circular mastopexy. I would recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your region with demonstrated experience in tuberous breast repair.  Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Puffiness of the areola does not mean tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question and photographs. The only element of tuberous breasts you may have is puffiness of the areola which is not really that abnormal. You have nothing else that suggests a tuberous condition.  I think that your breasts look fine and I would not recommend any treatment. It the puffiness of the breasts is a big concern to you, you could have a periareolar mastopexy for correction.  Be sure to see an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon. 

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

Tuberous breasts have a consistricted lower pole or constriction from the nipple to the inframammary fold, the junction between the breast and the chest wall. They also tend to have widened areola and herniation of breast tissue in the areola. It is hard to say without an actual physical examination but you do not seem to have some of these hallmark characteristics of tuberous breasts. Best, MMT

Not tuberous breasts

There is nothing wrong with your breasts at all. They are not tuberous. They need nothing done. They just are tightly built with prominent projections, much better than if they were loose and saggy. 

Do I have tuberous breasts , if so how do I fix it ?

Thank you for the question and pictures. The photographs  certainly do not demonstrate features of constricted/tuberous breasts. If the "puffy" areola is your concern, then circumareolar reduction surgery may be helpful to you. It will be important to learn about the pros/cons associated with this type of surgery, especially concerns such as poor scarring and/or areola spreading/asymmetry.