What treatments are available for loose skin under your eyes? (photos)

I am 24 and have dark circles around my eyes as well as looser skin. When I smile skin clumps up into quite noticible bags. Are there any non-surgical ways to fix this?

Loose skin under eyes

In the first photo the circular muscle around the eyes is contracting.  This can be lessened with the careful use of botulinum toxin treatments.  Please see an experienced practitioner who has good qualifications.

Hull Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin under the eyes.

Dear South African Patient:

The lower lid lines that occur when you smile could be helped by botox treatments.

If there are still skin issues there when you are not smiling, skin improvement products and treatments would be suggested.

I hope this was helpful.

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eye treatment

The darker circles under the eye are genetic and difficult to treat.  For the loose skin you may want to consider laser treatments.  There are some wonderful lasers available that can treat under the eye right up to the lash line.  Daily sunscreen and medical grade products is also recommended.

Camille Cash, MD

Non-Surgical Solutions for Under-Eye Circles/Wrinkles/Loose Skin

The circles you have are genetic, but they along with the loose skin and wrinkles under the eyes can be improved with a combination of: lasers, microneedling/PRP, and fillers. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

You can have help non surgically with hyaluronic acid fillers.

These treatments are powerful.  Make sure that the surgeon you see does a lot of under eyes.  This is a fussy service and the person really needs to know what they are doing.  My personal preference is Restylane for this area.  Do not have permanent fillers or grafted fat into this area.  That is associated with a lot of complications.