How do I treat my dark upper lip?

I have a dark upper lip and mouth . A couple years ago I burnt my face with veet. I left it . It's gone really dark now and it's ugly . Can a chemical peels help me .

How do I treat my dark upper lip?

Thanks for your query. Yes peels and lasers like ndyag help a lot in correcting the pigmentation. You should consult a dermatologist, as after proper examination the treatment plan can be decided for you. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Treating Hyperpigmentation

There are many options for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation which include chemical peels, lightening creams and laser treatments.  Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation can take a long time to improve.  My recommendation is to consult with a board certified Dermatologist who specializes in hyperpigmentation. 

I hope this was helpful,

Dr. Tam

Alison Y. Tam, DO