Please help can this tattoo be removed by a q switch laser? (photo)
Doctor Answers 1
Use the Best Technology Available
This tattoo can be removed, but it will take a long time. I recommend finding someone with a PicoSure Laser for several reasons:
1) The tattoo is new, so your body hasn’t begun the process of breaking down the ink yet.
2) It is a cover-up, so there is a LOT of ink in your skin.
3) It is multi-colored, which presents a problem for the older lasers, including Q-Switch, but PicoSure Laser will remove all colors of ink
4) you are much less likely to experience side effects such as burns, scarring or hypopigmentation
5) Because the PicoSure breaks the ink particles into much tinier particles that a Q-switch does, the tattoos will clear in half the treatments (or less)
We recommend finding an experienced physician in your area. Treatment prices vary by market. The cost for picosecond treatments will be higher, but you should need less than half the treatments compared to a nanosecond laser so it will save you money and time in the long run.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.