I have swelling and hardness after a male tummy tuck. Is this normal?

Hi there , had my tummy tuck 3 weeks ago with lipo on my flanks . Just wanted to ask about after how long will the swelling go away and see my true result . Also this week , being the third week I find that the surgery line , meaning my cut is getting hard and not as flat as straight after the op . Is this normal and when will it go away ? Thank you

Firm spots after tummy tuck

The best answers to your question will come from your plastic surgeon. However, it is not uncommon to have localized edema which cause firm areas that will resolve with time. I typically tell my patients that you will have about 75% of your results by 3 months and the rest by a year.

Male TT

Thank you for your question.  At three weeks post-op, you should see your operating surgeon with the concerns that you are currently having.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Swelling after surgery

Consider swelling to take four to six weeks to settle down.

Final swelling will take three to six months.

Skin incisions take much longer until they are mature, sometimes up to a year and a half.

Some people form much more inflammation in their skin scars.

For those who do, it's worth using silicone sheeting.

You can minimize the visibility of the scar and speed up the healing process.

We recommend patients use a product called Safetac.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Tummy tuck

Absolutely normal. It takes up to 3 months for all of the swelling and hardness to go away especially when tummy tuck combined with lipo