Are there any strong liquid pain meds available that would effectively manage pain after breast reduction?

Im due for a breast reduction soon and am very worried about pain management as I'm unable to swallow tablets. I also happen to have a low pain threshold. Are there any strong pain meds available in liquid form? I am bases in South Africa by the way.

Breast Reduction

Hello  and thank you for your question. There are a number of alternatives available in a liquid form. If you are having surgery I would encourage your surgeon to consider using an appropriate amount of local anesthesia to keep you comfortable during the procedure. This assumes you are not allergic to a local anesthetic. Following this I would ask for a liquid alternative available in South Africa. Best Wishes Theodore T. Nyame MD  Harvard Trained Plastic Surgeon

Charlotte Physician

Liquid medications are available

It is possible to write most of the available pain medication narcotic products in liquid form. Just ask.