Sharp pains (5 weeks post breast lift) after hugging people and bending. Any suggestions?

Almost 5 weeks ago I had a breast lift (no implants). Everything has been healing well but over the last few days I have been getting sharp pains in my breasts, mostly around the nipples. I noticed the pain usually starts after I have hugged someone a little too hard or long. Also sometimes if I bend over to look at something. The pain feels the same way as when you sit down and your skin stretches too much. There's no bruising, or pain when I touch my breasts.

Nipple hypersensitivity can be normal aafter Mastopexy. However it usually goes away after a month or two. It is best that you see your surgeon and not rely on internet advice.

The sharp pain you are experiencing is normal, and most commonly related to nerves. Those sharp shooting pains will eventually subside with time. If you continue to experience discomfort it is best to follow up with your PS so they can better advise you.

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

Sharp pains after hugging people and bending.

Thank you for your question.  At five weeks you may still have swelling that is causing irritation to the smaller nerves of your skin and nipple.  It is not uncommon to have burning, pins and needles, or sparky sensations as your breasts recover but certainly voice your concerns with your surgeon. They are in the best position to advise you.