Saggy tummy; what should I do?

hi doctor,i gave birth to twins in 2013 and im 31 yr old,now im slim and tall size 30 in my waist but I have a saggy/flabby tummy.i tried exercise and I walk a lot but its not working.what should I do? please help

Saggy tummy; what should I do?

Thank you for your question. If you have a big belly that makes you unhappy and you are not happy about the look of it, if you have experienced skin sagging on your abdominal area after a weight loss, if you are unhappy with the sagged look of your abdominal area after the pregnancy, if you had a liposuction operation and now your belly is sagged; then you can get benefit from a Tummy Tuck operation.

Saggy tummy; what should I do?

You likely have some muscle separation from pregnancy. Without an in person assessment is is difficult to give you an opinion. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Based upon photos provided, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. After a twin pregnancy the abdomen is stretched and leaves laxity to the skin as well. Without seeing photos it is hard to determine for sure, but more than likely you would need a tummy tuck with muscle tightening. This would give you the nice flat belly and get rid of the loose skin as well. Good luck

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate...

Thank you for the question. Based on your pregnancy history and description of anatomy,  you sound like you may be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery. The tummy tuck ( abdominoplasty) is operation is an operation designed to improve contour of the abdominal wall and surrounding areas.  Generally, the operation involves removal of "excess" skin and adipose tissue of the lower abdominal wall and re approximation of the abdominal wall muscles that may have spread with pregnancies and/or weight gain/loss.  Adjacent areas such as flanks and/or pubic areas can also be addressed at the same time. Also, the operation may be combined with breast or genitalia surgery, commonly referred to as a "mommy makeover" procedure. 

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
   You will find a lot of information regarding your concerns on this website. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more.   Best wishes.

Sounds like it's time for a tummy tuck consult

• When you have too much skin, only surgery can fix the problem.  The most common surgery women have after kids is a tummy tuck.  You should see a plastic surgeon to get more information. 
  • Things to look for in your surgeon: a caring person that will make your surgery their number one priority; someone that can conceal your scars so you can wear a bikini (hide the scar nice and low while making a perfectly natural looking belly button....the quality of the belly button varies greatly and unfortunately many skilled plastic surgeons still don't know how to make a nice belly button); someone that will be available to care for you after surgery, not just take your money and push you out the door.
  • Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon in Oakville.  He is the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program and an Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University.  He strives to provide the best possible plastic surgery results and excellent care to patients from the GTA including Oakville, Toronto, Mississauga, Georgetown, Milton, Burlington and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Saggy Tummy

If you are finished having children, you may be a candidate for a tummy tuck. If you plan to have more children, you may opt for a tummy tuck that does not include tightening the abdominal muscle, just removal of excess skin. Posting pictures helps in giving advice. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD