Is there anything I can do do reduce the chance of any issues arising from breast implants and having a second surgery?

Terrified of my approaching surgery in two weeks. Most worried about having to undergo more surgery soon after due to any complications that may arise during and post surgery. I am a very fit 38 year old with 3 young kids and I want to make sure that everything goes smoothly. Aside from rest post op what else is recommended to avoid going under the knife again? And anything I can do long term to prolong the implants? I am going for a 240 or 255cc (still undecided) textured gel under muscle.

Anxiety prior to surgery...

Anxiety prior to surgery is very normal; its complete elimination is usually not possible. Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, other important "variables" such as anesthesia provider and surgery facility will be selected based on everyone's first priority: safety. This careful selection should give you some peace of mind that you will be safe around the time of surgery. Discuss your specific areas of concerns with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to help you calm your nerves. 

I ask my patients to try to be as calm as possible prior to surgery; this “calmness" tends to translate to a smoother postoperative course. You may be able to alleviate some pre operative anxiety with music, exercise, meditation, a glass of wine (if ok with your surgeon), and positive/objective focus on the long term outcome/benefits etc. prior to your procedure.

Again, I think you will be best off, given that your surgery is coming up very soon, spending additional time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals/concerns/questions carefully (preferably prior to the day of surgery). In doing so will you likely find peace of mind and decreased anxiety.
Generally, patients find that they did “get worked up for nothing” after their recovery is completed. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.