Do my nipple/areola scars look OK 11 days after Mastopexy/Augmentation? Some spots look white and raw (Photo)

Stitches were removed on 06/09, 1 week post op. I had to keep wounds closed for 2 days. Friday i took the dressings off, took a shower and put on my surgical bra with gauze over the wounds. This morning i migh've pulled the gauze off too hard since they were stuck. The R side nipple started bleeding, but i got it to stop. I shower with Bioscrub daily, but should my wounds heal OK without covering them or treating them and just wearing a bra? I am very worried. This was my first surgery. Thanks.

Do my nipple/areola scars look OK

yes your scars look OK, a little asymmetry in the left side areola where the bottom appears pulled down,see your Board certified plastic surgeon and share your concern an ointment with nonadherent protective dressing very much helps in such situations

India Plastic Surgeon

Do my nipple/areola scars look OK 11 days after Mastopexy/Augmentation? Some spots look white and raw

There are small areas of areola skin loss Which should heal in well with proper local wound care.  It is important to follow up with your plastic surgeon for advice on local wound care.  Ultimately results should be good.

Incision Concerns

It is important to keep any open areas clean and protected as you heal. I recommend that you continue to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon and be seen in person if you note concerning wound changes.All the best

Concerned about incisions

It appears that everything is healing normally. If you have any questions or concerns, you should contact your plastic surgeon.Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and photos. I would recommend a follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. Normal healing takes time and the results can up to 3-6 months. Every doctor may have a special protocol for wound care so please have a follow up. Good luck.

Postop scars

Hello,  it is common to have puckered or slightly red scars only a week after surgery.  However, your surgeon will be able to follow your healing to ensure that everything is healing normally.

Do my scars look ok?

Hi kittyblossum.  Augmentation/mastopexy procedures are quite involved as there are forces competing to stretch the tissues out (implant) and bring the tissues in (mastopexy).  It will take quite some time for everything to settle out.  Keep the wounded tissue moist with either an antibiotic ointment for a few days, vitamin A and D ointment, or aquaphor and a nonstick dressing. Wounds do tend to heal better if they are kept moist (contrary to the conventional wisdom of letting it 'air out'). Follow up with your plastic surgeon, it appears that everything will turn out right!

Are nipples n ormal post surgery

HI kitty  I think that your nipples look fine post surgery. The shape ad size change over time as the breast settle so do not worry too much now. Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and mention your concerns during the post-operative course.Best, Dr. Christine Rodgers

You should ask your surgeon how he wants you to treat the incisions. Each surgeon might have a different way that he wants it taken care of.

Masto+aug post-op

It appears you are healing well considering your recently post-op. Continue to follow your surgeons wound care instructions and you should achieve a good result.