How long does it take for the swelling to go down after a breast reduction?

I had an op 3 months ago, it will be 4 months in june and my breast is sill a bit swollen on my right side, it has not taken shape yet and I feel its taking too long to settle, I had to postpone my doctors appointment because she was not well. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks

Swelling

Most of the swelling would be gone in 3 months but if you had a small bleed (for example) then one area may take longer than the rest to settle. Ultimately it may take up to a year to achieve your final final appearance. All the best

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

The amount and duration of swelling will vary between individuals.  Generally speaking most of the swelling should start to subside after about three months, although it can last up to one year.  If you have any concerns you should schedule an appointment to see your plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.  

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS