How long after a LBL is one allowed to drive? Is 14 day no driving post surgery a reasonable expectation? Longer? Less?

Lower body lift - when to drive?

Thank you for asking about your lower body lift.

• Two weeks of no driving is a good plan.
  • You need to be off ALL pain medicines and sedatives before you drive.
  • You need to move well enough to be confident dealing witn an emergency, not just driving.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Driving after lower body lift

Yes, 14 days is reasonable for most patients.  

I advise my lower body lift patients not to drive until they are safely able to control a vehicle.  This means not being on strong pain killers and being physically capable.  You need to be able to safely get in and out of the vehicle, use a seat-beat, perform mirror and shoulder checks.  For example, if you have a big car that is high off the ground this mean may you have to wait a bit longer.

You need to be sensible and start off driving short distances, gradually working up to normal driving.

Kind regards,

Dean