I would like to know how the results are with hand fillers?

isn't restylane used for that too? I have very thin hands and want to try the fillers to make it look better.

Filler in the hands

Radiesse in the hands is a procedure with reliable results. I do not place more than one syringe per hand at a time to minimize swelling, which can be significant after the procedure. If proper technique is used, the procedure is very safe. I place a bolus of product through one puncture point and massage it in place. Cannulas can be helpful in optimizing safety as well.

Saint Louis Dermatologic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Hand Rejuvenation With Volumizing Fillers Works Well For Thin Hands

Thin, atrophic hands with bulging veins and visible tendons is a dead giveaway of a person's true age, even if the face and neck look younger. Until relatively recenly there were few treatment options for this problem, other than fat injections, and fat transfer had its problems. It was relatively expensive, required a second surgical procedure--translating into more downtime and discomfort--in order to suck the fat from locations, such as the abdomen, thighs or hips. And, in the end, despite what was hoped, the results were generally not permanent.

Fortunately, more recently, we have found that off-the-shelf volumizing fillers, such as Radiesse (or my favorite combo for this purpose, Radiesse combined with Voluma XC), work well for smoothing thin skin and camouflaging prominent, bulgy veins and tendons.

Nonsurgical hand rejuvenation with fillers takes about ten or fifteen minutes per hand to perform and is painless, since the material is introduced via a blunt-tipped cannula through one to four pre-numbed sites. Once injected the material is molded and smoothed to fit the hand and the results are typically immediate--usually engendering a "Wow!" response. 

Consultation with an injector with experience and expertise in nonsurgical hand rejuvenation is strongly advised. And, of course, ask to see his/her before and after photos.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Fillers for hand rejuvenation

Fillers in the back of the hand can work wonders. This is actually a straight-forward injection that can be performed quickly in office. My two favorite fillers are Radiesse and Voluma. Both can be nicely smoothed and plump the back of the hand as well as fill in the sinewy look of an aging hand. Find an experienced physician injector. While the injections are straight forward there can be issues if the filler is injected improperly. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for Hands

There are a number of options to help improve the hands.  First, find a provider that is comfortable and experienced injecting the hands, and then find out what they use and recommend.  They will likely use one of a number of options, such as the hyaluronic acid-type (e.g., Juvederm, Restalyne, etc.) or another type that works well (e.g., Sculptra).  Some factors that may determine your best option is the amount of volume needed, price, etc.

Ronald Johnston, MD
Panama City Dermatologist