I want a tummy tuck; hanging tummy, not nice & making my back sore? (Photo)

How much will it cost ke

Abdominoplasty Consultation

Thank you for your question.  I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. They will examine you, discuss your aesthetic goals and present options. A full Abdominoplasty is designed to remove excess skin below the umbilicus as well as some fat from the abdomen. If abdominal muscles are separated this can allow them to be tightened as well. Liposuction is used for contouring, not significant weight loss so your surgeon will discuss with you whether your weight has to come down through diet and exercise before undergoing surgery.

All the best

Is a TT for you?

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck price

Remember when your ready for your consultation make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon.  Its difficult to give you a price since every region of the country varies. 

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately it's difficult to give exact recommendations based only on the photos your provided. Generally speaking, a good candidate has excess skin, muscle looseness and the stubborn areas that do not respond to diet and exercise. A special kind of tummy tuck that I perform is called a Lateral Tension abdominoplasty. This procedure brings together muscles that can separate. It removes the loose skin and provides a flat tummy and contoured waistline. You will need to make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Pricing

The price of a tummy tuck will vary according to country, region, and surgeon. First make sure you are a good candidate, specifically that you are in good health and at a reasonable weight for your height before proceeding. Best of luck. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

I want a tummy tuck

Thank you for the question; unfortunately, the photograph is not helpful. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is a patient who presents with "excess" skin/adipose tissue of the abdominal wall usually associated with abdominal wall laxity.  Ideally the patient has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.