I have shallow acne scarring and Indian skin. I think that I have ice pick scars. What procedure would be best for my skin?

The therapist suggested last week that I do 3 Ematrix laser procedures and told me that it will reduce my acne scarring by 80%...Is this true? I developed pigmentation after I did the FX laser for 3 months.. and that is why I am not doing any more fraxel or FX laser procedures.. Although the FX has reduced my acne scarring significantly . What procedure would be best for my skin and will the Ematrix really reduce my acne scarring?

EMatrix is ideal for acne scars in pigmented (dark) skin - Williamsville, NY

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

For pigmented skin, eMatrix is safe as it is sublative and not known to cause hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian

RF vs TCA CROSS

If they are truely ice pick scars, procedures such as punch excision and TCA CROSS would be ideal. With the later you WILL get pigmentation for up to 5 months post procedure. 

I frequently use RF eMatrix on darker skin types ( I think the video attached shows a case). I like eMatrix as a general treatment for early acne scars. If you have deep scars, I would elect INFINI over eMatrix, as this penetrates 3.5 mm into the skin, eMatrix is sublative - a term that means the pins of eMatrix do not penetrate the upper layers of the skin. Having said that, I have seen eMatrix work on ice pick scars, however if you have access to better technology, I always pick a device that is best for your type of scarring. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

EMatrix for Dark Skin

One of the benefits of eMatrix is that the laser is "color-blind" so you can safely use the laser regardless of skin color.  You can treat these deep acne scars with radiofrequency heat and have fabulous results.  Be certain to consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with these lasers for the best results  Best, Dr. Green