I cannot find out what to take to hospital or best care for post op? RSA

I will be going for a Tummy Tuck and breastlift in 2 weeks.. And I cannot seem to find any conclusive answers about: 1.)Should I buy a gurdle, tummy wrap??, socks to prevent bloodclots, plasters, bands etc. to take to hospital for the day of discharging? 2.) What in your experience, is the ultimate products (ointments, tapes, plasters, gurdles etc.) to use for swelling, wound healing and scarring for PO for TT and Breast lift? Thanks so much LGD1- South-Africa

Post op preparation

It is best to ask your surgeon what is provided by the facility for your surgery.  Many will provide the compression stockings worn for surgery.  The compression garment may be ordered by your surgeon, by you, or it may be that your surgeon doesn't use one.  Bring comfortable, loose fitting clothing to wear home from the facility.  Pajamas are fine as you may go to bed soon after you get home.  For scarring our practice has seen success in using the Embrace Scar Therapy products.  They have consistently shown to yield good results.

Post op Items After a Mommy Makeover

This is something you need to ask your surgeon, not all doctors are the same. Most however, supply needed garments after surgery. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Preparing for a Mommy Makeover Procedure & Recovery

Its best to consult with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon beforehand. She or he will make suggestions according to your procedure and medical records in addition to discussing your pre-op preparations. Also, such information may be provided for you with your pre-op material and prescriptions in time for your recovery period.

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. Also some severe scars can be treated with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing. Additionally, scar therapy with scar maturation products (e.g. BioCorneum or Embrace) are suggested for managing scars. However, we recommend you wait to use scar improving products until a few weeks following your surgery. 

As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

I cannot find out what to take to hospital or best care for post op?

Hello dearm thanks for your post and provided information as well. As you kno each doctor has their own politic, I suggest to be in contact with your PS or with his/her team, so they can let you know waht you really are going to need. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Greetings

Thank you for your question. Your surgeon would inform you about your pre- op and post op. I will advice that you call your surgeons office and request for them to send you this information.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

DRDERBY

Thank you for your question. These are details that you really need to discuss with your surgeon. Every doctor handles his/hers post op process differently. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD