I have breast augmentation in two days time. I took two aspirins today. Will this cause any problems?

Call your doctor

Call your doctor and let he or she know re: the aspirin and anything else, herbal or otherwise, that you might have taken by mistake. It will be his or her decision whether or not to move forward with your surgery. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Aspirin before surgery.

For your safety, it is very important for you to let your surgeon know that you ingested aspirin two days before your surgery. It is also important to alert your surgeon if you took any other medication and if you have taken any herbal medicines prior to surgery. 

Francis X. Fleming, MD
Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

Avoiding Aspirin before your Breast Augmentation

Although it may vary from plastic surgeon to plastic surgeon, I tell all my patients NOT to take any ibuprofen, aspirin, Aleve, Motrin, Advil, Excedrin, or ANY medications that may thin your blood. I suggest letting your surgeon know as soon as you can. Best of Luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarlandtX #houstonTX

It is best to contact your PS about consuming this medication prior to surgery. It is typically recommended that anti-inflammatory medications are discontinued prior to surgery, but as far as how many days prior really is up to your doctors discreation. 

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend you let your surgeon know as aspirin will increase the likelihood of bleeding during and after surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Aspirin before surgery

Aspirin will increase your risk of bleeding for a least 10 days. Let your surgeon know, and above all be honest about much you took and the days you took it.  The dosage and frequency matter 

Stephen Lovich, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Took two aspirins two days before surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• The aspirin may make you bleeding and bruise a little more at surgery.
  • It is not a reason to cancel or postpone surgery.
  • Let your surgeon know however - so s/he can take special care in controlling any bleeding.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Postoperative aspirin will have no effect on the outcome of breast augmentation.

I wouldn't worry about taking a couple of aspirin after breast augmentation. The platelets of already completed their healing responsibilities.

Aspirin and breast augmentation

Aspirin will increase the possibility of bleeding complications during and after surgery.  I would let your surgeon know and then together decide what to do.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Will aspirin pre-op cause problems?

Yes, this may since aspirin makes you more prone to bleeding. Best to discuss this with your operating surgeon ASAP so he or she can reschedule if necessary. Good luck!