How many grafts will I need? (Photos)

Judging from these pics - how many grafts would you say I need to fill crown and front hair line (no need to lower it )?

How many grafts do I need?

Gloryzone,

It is not possible to completely evaluate your candidacy for hair restoration surgery from the views provided and the resolution of the images. I am concerned about the donor area. You have not provided a good enough view of the donor area, but it looks from the top crown view that it may be a little thin. I would recommend that you consider undergoing a thorough evaluation with a hair loss specialist. Medial treatment may be of benefit to slow or stop the hair loss and re-grow the crow area hair in 26%. 

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

It would be best to see a doctor for a consultation for how many grafts you may need. Men with very short hair and further hair

It would be best to see a doctor for a consultation for how many grafts you may need. Men with very short hair and further hair loss (balding) will require more grafts to achieve fullness.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How Many Grafts Needed for Hair Transplant

The number of grafts will depend on a number of factors, such as age, your continued hair loss and your expected hair line. Crown balding can be effectively treated with medication (finasteride) and expect good results. Based on your supplied photos it appears you may be headed for a Norwood Class 5 but only an in person evalutaion would determin that. Design of hair line would need to account for this. If you are age 30-35 and your hair quality is good you may be satisfied with 2200 follicular units. If you are young you may not be a candidate for hair transplantation but you would be a candidate for medical therapy. Best wishes and please review the link below on finding a trusted surgeon to meet your needs.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts?

The frontal area, depending upon the quality of your hair (fine, medium coarse) will take between 1300-1800 grafts. The crown may be best treated with finasteride

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon