GRAFTS OR HAIRS? (photos)

I just had FUE. The doctor told me I'm getting 2000 "units ". Then afterward she told me ; "We did 2000 hairs- with FUE we count hairs as this gives the result. So not 2000 scabs as you had lots of threes and fours hairs per scab or dot on head.." I'm getting mixed messages. 1. Is FUE usually charged by hair or graft ? 2. Does a graft have more than one hair ? 3. Is each scab or dot on the head a graft? 4. I was told I had 2000 "units" - pls see pics and help give me clarity ?

Grafts or hair?

It's very confusion and it's important to try to understand what you are paying for. Typically a graft is a follicular unit, which can consist of 1-4 hairs. So if someone paid for 2000 grafts, they would have 2000 recipient sites, ting scabs. There would likely be more than 4000 hairs as the average graft is around 2 hairs. If you paid for 2000 hairs, that could be as little as 1000 recipient sites. Perhaps you should see more clarification from your doctor. 

Overland Park Phlebologist

You cannot look at photos and tell if you had 2000 hairs or even 2000 grafts. If you are confused as to what you got or paid fo

You cannot look at photos and tell if you had 2000 hairs or even 2000 grafts. If you are confused as to what you got or paid for, it is best to ask your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE fees

Most FUE's are charge by the grafts which means that each graft can contain between 1-4 hairs each. Count up the hairs and the number will be larger than the graft count. Challenge your doctor to find out

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon