I would like to know why after 3 weeks my juvederm fillers still swells. (photo)

Help need to know why my lips swells after juvederm fillers

Lip swelling after Juvederm injection

I would expect swelling from the anticipated trauma from the injection itself to be resolved by three weeks.  Most likely the swelling is your filler itself.  You can have injections to reduce the filler volume but I would give it another month before taking action.  Your photo looks like a pleasing result to me but your opinion is the only one that counts.  Best wishes

Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Juvederm in Lips

Swelling up to 4 weeks is possible after the injection of Juvederm. The purpose of Juvederm is to swell up the area it's injected into as it's hydrophilic. If you do not like your end result, after comparing it to your before photos with the same lighting and same position, you may consider having hyaluronidase injected to dissolved the Juvederm.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Juvederm and Swelling

Some fillers swell longer than others. this can be reversed if you are unhappy. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling After Juvederm

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  In general, after filler injection, it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  Gentle massage may be beneficial for any areas of persistent swelling or unwanted fullness.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Any unwanted filler can be easily removed with hyaluronidase.  Best wishes!