Full face lift after 2 weeks? (Photo)

I got full face lift , i feel to be cut pull up and back at same place. Some beauty spot are almost at same spot as before. My chin has the same shape. Up my ear instead of going up the hairline i have an L scar ,so from top of the ear he went back in ,horizontal,and then up in the scalp.He says in 3 months we can do a revision . ? very depressed,unhappy,feeling stupid.

Full face lift after 2 weeks?

Greetings

Recovery and Results :

After the face lifting operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will have stiches and bandages which will be removed after the 10th day. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

Radial expansion of skin in this area of the face can sometimes lead to residual skin in this area despite a normal facelift.  Wider skin dissection can help when you undergo the revision.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

The right technique by the right surgeon, and clear communication, are vital to achieve a beautiful result

Hello!
In comparing your photos, the wrinkling pattern in your lower face and jawline indicates minimal improvement. Assuming that you're not purposely frowning in the "after" photo (which would accentuate the wrinkling), this lack of improvement is due to the wrong surgical lift technique being used. For example, a mini-face lift, which addresses the outer regions of your face, or a "skin only" lift, which places tension on skin only rather than on the deep muscle [called "SMAS"] layer and results in recurrent sagging, may have been used. I find that a mini-face lift is not a very useful technique in your age group because of the presence of deep folds and wrinkles around the mouth, nasolabial folds and neck, which wouldn't be touched by the "mini" technique. 
Perhaps the surgeon did not know to address the areas of wrinkling which caused him/her to select a technique that turned out to be inappropriate for your true concerns? If so, then you had one idea in mind, and your surgeon had another - you weren't on the same page which is most often caused by inadequate communication between you and your surgeon. However, if your surgeon DID intend to address the areas of wrinkling and nonetheless selected one of these techniques, then inexperience likely plays a role. If your surgeon did surgically lift the areas of wrinkling, then his/her technique is ineffective.  Regrettably, a revision in 3 months, if performed with the same technique, would be unlikely to yield better results.  
Because there's no visible swelling (which would plump and smooth the area of wrinkling) my instinct is that the surgeon did not touch the wrinkled areas, nor did s/he elevate the muscle layer so that the skin would be supported in a lifted position.  This is essential to improve marionette lines and downturned corners of the mouth. 
I believe you could have an excellent result.  However, if you're looking for a major result within a minor procedure, you will undoubtedly be disappointed.  I recommend a revision total face and neck lift with SMAS tightening and facial fat grafting.  Surgery lasts about 5 hours and social down time is 3 weeks.  It should be performed by a highly trained, board certified (in plastic surgery), and experienced face lift surgeon. S/he should show you before/after photos of face lift results that impress you.  And, to avoid repeat disappointment, clear communication is vital so that you and your surgeon have the same expectations for the outcome. 
All the best in your search!- Dr. Rad  

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Two Weeks Postop

It s always difficult to make judgments on facelift results, especially in early recovery.  However, I would guess that a very truncated facelift procedure was used base on the lack of swelling and changes in the photos. If you aren't happy, first see your Surgeon.  If your concerns have still not been addressed, seek a few other opinions. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift - really disappointed.

Thank you for asking about your face lift.
  • I am so sorry you are disappointed with your face lift -
  • Please don't feel stupid  - we are all entitled to make mistakes, if in fact you made one.
  • At two weeks, you are swollen and things may actually improve a lot.
  • But I can see why you are concerned -
  • Wait another month and if things are not looking better, at least get a 2nd opinion to discuss why things didn't work out and if your first surgeon's plan seems a good one.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

More time

At two weeks, it's difficult to know what revision will be needed or if anything will be needed, especially if you talk about scarring.  My advice is to wait, be patient, and follow with your doctor.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift results

I'm sorry to hear that you are upset with your results.  Facelift results can vary by the technique used and from surgeon to surgeon.  At two weeks you have much healing to undergo and your swelling needs to fully subside prior to making any decisions about revision surgery.  If you feel as though your surgeon isn't listening to your concerns, you should seek a second opinion from a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.  I wish you well! 

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon