Under eye bags and saggy skin. Any advice? (Photos)

I am 22 years old, but I have bags under my eyes. I am not sure if they are just fat, loose skin or what. Is there anything I can do to make it better? I am desperate. It really brings down my confidence. It gets worse when I smile. The right side is worse than the left.

Doctor Answers 2

Under eye bags and saggy skin. Any advice? (Photos)

Thank you for your question! You could use facial fillers, like Juvederm, to fill those lines out. A blepharoplasty, otherwise known as eyelid surgery, can remove the bags under your eyes and tighten any loose skin. I recommend finding a board-certified surgeon in your area that performs these procedures for a complete evaluation to determine the best options for you to consider.

Houston Plastic Surgeon
3.9 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Under eye

Thank you for your question.  The under eye bags, when caused by fat, may be addressed with a lower eyelid blepharoplasty, which is the surgical removal of excess or protruding lower eyelid fat.  Lower eyelid skin wrinkling may be addressed with skin laser or chemical skin peel treatment.  A third option is the use of dermal fillers to create a smoother contour in the lower eyelids.  Based on the pictures provided, a lower eyelid blepharoplasty may be performed to correct the bulge. However, the best treatment approach would be obtained with an in-person consultation with your doctor. 

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.