Will diet and exercise rectify the areas where I have gained weight and have a bit of loose skin after lipo?

I recently had liposuction done, on my tummy, love handles and thighs. I seem to have gained weight on my back and my tummy didn't give me the desired outcome as I have loose skin .will diet and exercise rectify the areas where I have gained weight and have a bit of loose skin?

Liposuction - should I lose the weight I gained afterwards

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.If your surgery was done recently, you are swollen - you need to give it time to subside. If surgery was six months ago or more, then yes, it is time to lose the weight you gained. However without an examination, one can't say much about the skin. Weight loss tends to make it looser but sometimes skin with extra fat loose loose and improves with weight loss. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction, fat over tummy, love handles and thighs, loose skin

Thank you for the query. Its not clear as to how long back you had the liposuction. However an important point to note is that after liposuction one must maintain one's weight or else if one tends to put on weight some fat deposition will also occur over the liposucked areas. The number of fat cells don't increase but the existing few fat cells that are present at the liposucked areas tend to accumulate fat within themselves and this leads to fatty deposits. Yes, diet and exercise will help you loose some fat and tone your skin. It would be preferable to visit your surgeon again and discuss these concerns as he would be able to examine you personally and suggest a plan.with best wishes,Dr Alexander

Alexander George, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

How long ago did you have the surgery?  If it has been in the last few weeks, wearing a compression garment along with diet and exercise will help with the results.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD