7 days post op 375 cc silicone ,ultra high implants and my breasts are uneven. Want revision surgery. Any suggestions? (photo)

Hi there ,Iam 7 days post op and my breasts are uneven . The one on the right is higher and harder and on the left its squishy and smaller and feels lighter . I know it's not normal and I want them to be assymetrical? How long must I wait for before I go for revision surgery. I used 375 cc on both sides nd it's silicone.

Early Postop Concerns

Good evening! It is sooooo early that you really need to give yourself 3-4 months, along with following your PS' instructions, before you will really know if you need a revision. What you are seeing is very likely to be normal at this point and will even out over time. Just be patient!

Poor planning

On one side it is obvious you are in a very early stage of your procedure, so be calm and patient, things must  change dramatically.
However, just for how it looks now I don't like the planning carried out; firstly, the right implant is massively eccentric in cephalic sense, being the left moderately eccentric in the same fashion; we could enter into a dispute if this is or not a temporary ascension if your procedure would be done through the areolas, but the submammary scars do depict as clues the actions of your surgeon, he did not lower (this is a must!) the submammary fold down to a point to cope in perfect harmony with the so wished large implants. As consequence of the former your implants are set too high, the distance nipple-submammary fold is too short and there exists a very poor harmony in your breasts.
Another criticism is the fact the areola was not used to access, being such large ones; areolar access is nº1 and gathers all the advantages, not using it in your case was a flaw.Finally, the base width of the implants is excessive for your theoretically available maximum breast width; they exceed massively your frame, you may go for large implants if wished so but within the limits of your frame; seems to me your implants were not chosen in antropometric terms but in the simplistic and invalid "mass" or "volume" parametres.
You'll have to waint months for a revision; you may likely need a capsulorraphy at the sides of the breasts to redefine the pocket, lowering the submammary fold to the right location (oops, bad news, this entails the new crease lower than current scars, that's another good reason pro-areola incision), using anatomical shaped narrower cohesive-gel filled macrotextured implants of the latest generation and well chosen, and rebuilding gthe whole work.
Do travel whereever is necessary to find a very good revision surgery doctor.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Concerns shortly after breast augmentation surgery…

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedure.  Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and advice.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final results. In my practice, patients hear me say "sisters not twins" several times before surgery;  in other words, achieving realistic expectations prior to proceeding with surgery is important,  in that perfect  symmetry is very rarely achieved.

Many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting (and that they have better "cleavage"). Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. Similarly, it takes a few months for the breasts to "soften" in most cases.  Most of my patients tell me that their breast implants feel "part of them" somewhere between 3 to 6 months after surgery was performed. 

There is definitely a physiologic and "psychological" (body image)  adaptation process that occurs, at differing rates for every patient, for patients who undergo any type of aesthetic surgery, including breast  augmentation surgery.  Understandably, patients often experience significant emotional "ups and downs" around the time of surgery.

In cases where significant breast asymmetry persists, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery.   Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

7 days post op

at 7 days post op you need to let your breasts heal so you can properly evaluate them. What they look like now will be completely different in a few months

David E. Kim, MD