Will my breasts go smaller if the swelling goes down? I have ultra high silicone 495cc (Photo)

I'm in South Africa and I think the size deffir from overseas. I got ultra high silicone round,but it looks like saugages, it's pointy and my boobs are like under my arms right now.They told me its going to get bigger after the swelling the skin will let go and fall right in the pocket.Now I'm SO scared it will be smaller then it must be.They said it's a full D maby DD even.I don't want it to get smaller then this!And is my breasts going to be thin or still very round ??Please help !!

Size concern after Augmentation

It is way too early to be concerned about the appearance of your breasts.  It takes months for them to fall into their final look.  Be patient and follow your surgeon's advice.  

Breast Augmentation Recovery

It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into the new position. So, for now, be patient. I know it's scary, but based on your photos, it looks as if you will have terrific results. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Congratulations on your new breasts!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast acquires better projection after edema is gone

The following days after breast augmentation there is edema. This edema goes around the implant. When it gets absorbed the breast acquires a better projection. What many women are afraid of is that after the edema gets absorbed the size will be reduced. What happens is exactly the opposite, because the volume is reduced but the breast acquires better projection and it makes it look bigger. I think you have to be patient and very probably you will have a good breast shape. Discuss with your doctor the possibility to put a pressure band at the upper pole of the breasts. He will be the best person to advice you about it. Don’t worry, be happy.

Being patient after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you.

Be patient and allow your body time to heal. This will take several weeks.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Will my breasts go smaller if the swelling goes down?Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will h

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. It is common to be emotional about your results this early after surgery.  Your overall size should not change dramatically with the reduction in swelling.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps

Will my breasts go smaller if the swelling goes down? I have ultra high silicone 495cc.

Thank you for your question. It is normal for your breasts to be an odd shape and firm after surgery. Over the next few weeks the implants will start to settle, much of the volume on the upper breast comes down into the bottom of the breast and they become softer. 

It can take a good 3 months to see the results. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Will my breast go smaller..?

Hi, Aretha14
Congratulations on your breast augmentation.
Your breast shape was good prior to surgery. 
Your outcome will be great once the implants settle.
It is very common to have awkward looking breasts soon after surgery.  Implants are riding high and you have tissue swelling.  As implants settle in their pockets, your breasts may appear to look larger.
Please allow 3-6 months for implants to settle in the pockets.
Be patient and follow your plastic surgeon's post-op instructions.
Best regards.