How come I can't have breasts, even though I am a girl? What should I do?

hi I am 19 years old .I am not confident about mysef and never will.My big problem is i feel like i am less a woman since i dont have breasts ...i cant buy myself ladies clothes because they dont suit me ...i feel veery low about myself....what should i do?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Breast augmentation

Breast augmentation is an option that you could pursue that may help.  There are many different implants and styles available to help you achieve the look you desire.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your specific goals and explore options.  Best wishes.

Camille Cash, MD

Abscent breast at age of 19

hello, breast augmentation with silicone inplant is the procedure of choice in this condition. Ideally  you should wait till age of 22 to give complete time for development of  your original breastbetter you consult board certified plastic  surgeon Best of luck

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

What should I do?

Hello and thank you for your question. I am sorry that you feel this way because of your breast size. Remember that you are not less of a woman because of your appearance. Breast size is not what makes an amazing or important woman. Also, you may feel that lady clothes do not suit you, but if wearing ladies clothing is something that would make you happy I think you should try it. I understand the mental frustrations of having a small chest, and understand changing their appearance can bring relief. I think continuing with breast augmentation will be your best bet for substantially increasing the size of your breasts. If this is something you are serious about I suggest finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that you can schedule a consultation and exam with. Best wishes.

Traci Temmen, MD

Breast Augmentation

The appearance and size of your breasts can be changed with cosmetic surgery/breast augmentation. Many women have small or under developed breasts and choose to undergo breast augmentation with breast implants. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your goals and learn about your options.
All the best

Wanting breasts

You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and goals.  You are likely a candidate for breast augmentation, but would need to be examined and evaluated.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast enhancement

Hi there 

Sorry to hear your frustration.  I know it is no concelation but you are not alone.  Many women feel inadequate or unfeminine due to lack of breast development.  Whilst breasts do not define you as a woman, I understand that the lack of what may be perceived as adequate breasts makes you feel devalued and this is perhaps a fault of the society we live in. 

Whilst surgical breast enhancement may make your breasts larger, I think it important to realise that you are more than just a pair of breasts and focus on the other things about you that are valued by those around you.  Concentrate on the positive attributes that define you as an individual rather than what you see as deficient. 

Breast augmentation is a common and highly rewarding procedure for most people who undergo it however it is not a panacea and will not make you a better person.  It will however significantly improve your confidence. 

I would suggest that you consider seeing someone about your confidence issues first and also consider seeing a Plastic Surgeon to assist with your physical appearance once you are in the right "head space"  if you still feel you want to make a physical change.I hope that helps. 

Dr Mark Hanikeri MBBS, FRACS 

Perth Specialist Plastic Surgeon