Big painful sores that look infected under breasts, 2 weeks PO Mommy makeover. (photos)

I had a MM 2 weeks ago and my breasts are not looking good. I had my stitches out 4 days ago and since then I've developed big scabs, see pictures, below my breasts. Were my stitches out too soon, does it look like it's infected, it's quite painful. I have been cleaning twice a day with boiled water and sterilising liquid, then putting on an antibacterial cream and covering. I am also using an electromagnetic healing mat called a Bemer to help me to heal.

Worried about painful sores 2 weeks after mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over healing.

• This is naturally of concern.
  • It is best to contact your plastic surgeon and arrange to be checked.
  • It is common in these areas to have some scabbing or slow healing -
  • But one can also have a local infection and it is best to be seen in person.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy makeover recovery

Contact your surgeon for an evaluation of your concerns.  He/She is most familiar with the details of your surgery and how you are progressing through recovery.  The "scab" areas you are referring to are high tension areas for the sutures and tend to heal well with time.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Mommy Makeover

It is not unusual to have wound healing issues at the join of the horizontal and vertical scar. I would contact your PS regarding advice on how to treat this rather than using your own methods. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Follow up with your surgeon

Contact your surgeons office to be seen. This needs to be evaluated in person for proper care instructions. Best wishes. 

Dean Vistnes, MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon