Acne hypertrophic scars (bumps), large pores, small holes on nose. Will a dermaroller flatten these bumps, close holes? (photos)

On my left side tip of nose i have redish post pimple bump that wont go down.The other side has a wider flatter but raised bump on the right side of the nose. Also on outer side of nostrils large pores and like pits. main issue is the raised bumps, red, huge holes pores. Will a derma roller work?? IF not what options? Should i see a plastic surgeon or dermatologist?

Scars on Nose

A combination of treatments such as fillers, eMatrix and PRP with the eclipse micropen will all help heal these scars on your nose.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Microneedling with PRP for enlarged pores & acne scars on nose

It’s hard to see exactly what is causing the bump, but I would recommend you see a dermatologist and he/she might suggest steroid injection to help decrease the inflammation if the bump is an acne cyst. Microneedling with PRP can be effective to decrease pores.  I wouldn’t recommend the dermaroller because it’s hard to navigate it over the nose. 

Tess Mauricio, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

The Right Combination for You-Microneedling/prp, lasers, fillers, subcision

Fillers, microneedling/prp, subcision, and lasers can be used to give improvement to this area. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne scars on nose

A dermaroller is hard to place in this area. A dermapen is better for this area. Infini would be best for this. See a dermatologist for this. Sometimes laser treatments are needed.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne hypertrophic scars (bumps), large pores, small holes on nose. Will a dermaroller flatten these bumps, close holes?

First of all these issues are very common and can be addressed by either a Plastic Surgeon or Derm as long as they have the proper treatment for you. MicroNeedling or Collogen Induction Therapy is probably the best treatment plan for you. You might need 3 to 6 treatments to achieve the results you want but it is little to no downtime. Good Luck!

Bruce K. Smith, MD

​Red bumps elevated bumps red pores on your nose and how to treat them.

Red bumps elevated bumps red pores on your nose and how to treat them. For your red bumps you can actually take those down with a laser. If these are active acne I would give you a trial of topical and oral antibiotics to treat these including chemical peels. Before the ice pick scars or any depressed cars you will need special wiring techniques to raise them up. We have a 5-7 step process that can treat all types of acne scars in about 2 hours. For your nose it won't take quite as long probably it will take about 30 minutes

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon